Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

Tara Daniels has inherited an Inn and Marina with her sisters. Sisters that she really doesn't know that well. Tara grew up with her father, as did her sister Maddie. Chloe was the only one that was with their mother. Coming back to Lucky Harbor also brought Tara back to her first love Ford. In seeing him again she had to deal with their past and the guilt again of giving up their child. At seventeen Tara realized she was too young to care for a baby. As Tara is dealing with Ford, her ex husband Logan arrives and tells her he wants her back. Then on top of everything her daughter shows up wanting some answers from and to get to know her birth parents. Tara tries to form a relationship with her daughter and sort out her feelings for the two men in her life.

This book was ok, not a page turner for me. I just could not get into the story until it was over half way through. I don't know why it didn't grab me but I found I could put it down for periods of time and not have the urge to pick it up and finish it right away. I did like the main characters of Tara and Ford, they had good chemistry between them. There were several minor ones that were appealing Mia, Carlos and Chloe. The cover was good and since they owned and operated a marina too, it fit the book well. Maybe if there was more of a pull in the beginning of the book I would have liked it better. I didn't dislike, it just wasn't one of the better reads i've had lately.

No comments: