Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tempted by Fate by Kate Perry

Willow Tarata is looking for the man that killed her mother. She has followed him for years and has always been one step behind. Now she is in San Francisco because she has heard he is there. The first night she is to meet her informant, but when she arrives she finds him and one of her employees murdered. While she is there the police arrive, Willow knows that she has been set up and pledges to find the Bad man. Inspector Rick Ramirez is in charge of the investigation into the murders. Then there is another murder and Willow always seems to be around. Rick's grandmother tells him that Willow is good and to trust and help her.

This books was a page turner for me. I really like that in a book, one that keeps my attention and makes me want to keep reading. The inter play between the main characters kept the book interesting. There were several minor characters that were very memorable including the other Guardians and Rick's grandmother. It was easy to read because the plot just came together effortlessly. Was it realistic, there were elements of the supernatural that might are not everyday occurances. Can these things happen, whose to say but they make for a good read. The cover is an attention getter to start off. Not sure it compliments the story though. All in all I would highly recommend this book. I liked it so much that I found the first two so I can read them.

No comments: